Join Melbourne-based writer, artist and poet Maxine Beneba Clarke, whose award-winning books include Wide Big World, The Patchwork Bike and Fashionista – a celebration of self-expression. Maxine is an Australian writer of Afro-Caribbean heritage whose stories embrace individuality and celebrate differences and diversity by using the natural wonders of the world.
In this digital interactive discussion, Maxine will share her inspiration for becoming a storyteller, her experience growing up black in Australia and her passion for words, books and libraries.
|Provider||Provider Sydney Opera House|
|Presenter||Presenter Sydney Opera House|
|Contact Details||Contact Details email@example.com 9250 7770|
|Date & Time||Date & Time 12:00|
|Duration||Duration 45 Minutes|
|Bookings Close||Bookings Close 04 April 2020|
|Availability||Availability Non-DEC: 100 Positions Available|
Stage 3,Stage 4
Year 5,Year 6,Year 7,Year 8
Creative Arts,English,Personal Development/Health and Physical Education,Visual Arts
Creative Arts Life Skills,Personal Development Health and Physical Education Life Skills,Reading,Talking and Listening,Writing
Author, Australian author, Artist, Afro Carribbean, Wide Big Word, The Patchwork Bike, Fashionista, Books, Libraries, Reading, Writing
CHECKLIST FOR VIRTUAL EXCURSION:
1) Book your virtual excursion using the form on this site
2) A confirmation email will be sent to you from DART Connections
3) A confirmation email and further information will be sent to you from Sydney Opera House at least one week before the event.
This live-streamed talk is available via Youtube live and video conferencing so your class can watch on a smart board from the internet or through a video conferencing system.
LEASE NOTE THIS SESSION COMMENCES AT 12:00pm
· Please dial in 15 minutes prior to the commencement of the session at 11:45am
· Please note you will be charged a fee of $100 if you fail to dial-in on the day,so if you can no longer proceed with your booked session, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org at least two days prior.